Changing the Base Layer allows you to easily use other commonly-used map tilesets, such as satellite imagery or oceanic tiles, rather than the default World Street Maps layer.
The following Base Layers are currently available:
- World Street Maps (default) – A familiar street map view
- Imagery – Satellite imagery view
- Topo – Topographic features view
- Ocean – Oceanic features view
To change the Base Layer:
- Open the Layer Control panel
- Click the Change base Layer button
- Select the Base Layer you would prefer to use by clicking the dropdown menu.
- Click the Update Base Layer button and the new Base Layer will immediately change in the Map Viewer panel.